NOTE THAT WE ARE ONLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FROM INDIGENOUS AND/OR FOLKS WHO ARE ALREADY LIVING IN CANADA WHO HAVE CITIZENSHIP
We are getting dozens of resumes from folks outside of the country. If you do not clearly fit the criteria above, we will not respond to your application at this time.
STARTING SALARY RANGE $50-60K/YR
(+ bonuses and a great benefits plan)
FULL TIME 37.5 hrs/wk
This is a brand new position, so this is a perfect time to come on board in this capacity for this thriving, well-managed little business that has big plans for the future. The president is shifting some of her own duties to this position and our company has vastly outgrown the outsourced bookkeeping services we have been using. The individual who fills this position will be integral to the future of our business. There is also the potential to become VP/business partner for the right person (negotiable). We will wait as long as it takes for just the right person.
- You have an accounting diploma and suitable business experience.
- You have a good understanding of Quickbooks Online (QBO) & can easily adapt to our integrated e-commerce based accounting system (i.e. Shopify/Erplain Inventory/QBO).
- You have inventory & supply chain management skills and a good understanding of inventory management software. (Erplain). We already have personnel covering purchasing, receiving, inventory, production and shipping, who will report to you.
- You will assist with business development, team management, recruiting & human resources. (Our staff is currently comprised of 10 people including 6 employees and 4 regular manufacturing subcontractors, some of whom will soon officially become employees.) According to our exciting business plans, we expect your position to blossom quickly over the next 1-3 years, and some of these duties will then be delegated to other staff who you will help us hire.
- Assist with the development and management of funding proposals, extra-provincial corporations & product licencing & reporting.
- Compile & submit corporate & sales tax returns & other compliances.
- Provide timely analytics, financial statements, budgets, sales reports, costing analysis, inventory reports, etc.
- Ensure that source documents are accurately flowing through our highly automated (Receipt Bank) system, & accounts are properly reconciled.
- Pay any invoices that are not already automated in some way.
- Manage bi-weekly payroll using our third party service (Wagepoint).
- Keep the company up-to-date with standard accounting practices, tax updates, etc.
- Must be highly accurate, have a positive attitude, be flexible, willing to grow with the company, & in for the long haul. We have a very low turnover rate with a wonderful team you will enjoy being part of, and lots of exciting business plans for the future. This really is a great time to get on board with us.
- Much of the work can be completed at your home office, so you must have good internet service, but some in-house work & staff meetings will also be required from time-to-time, so you should live reasonably close to our premises, or be prepared to move nearby within six months to a year.
- An appreciation and respect for Indigenous and diverse cultures is a must. Our staff is currently mostly female, and includes Indigenous and LGBTQQIP2SA+. Ours is a safe, accepting, nurturing, and generally very upbeat, fast-paced but always time for a laugh or cry as needed kind of environment. We are always looking for hard-working dependable, trainable and skilled staff.
If you are interested in employment with TLTP, please email a copy of your resume to email@example.com.
CHI MIIGWETCH FOR YOUR INTEREST!
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.