1. We do not offer free shipping. Most places that claim to offer free shipping just inflate the price of their merchandise to make it appear as though the shipping is free, when in fact you often end up paying much more. Our prices are transparent to make it as clear and fair as possible to everyone. If you are local and wish to avoid shipping costs, you may choose "Pick up at Store" and call ahead to arrange a pickup time.
2. IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO ADD SHIPPING INSURANCE, YOU MUST PAY FOR YOUR ORDER UP FRONT BEFORE IT WILL BE SHIPPED. Sorry, no exceptions.
3. Note that shipping times, as indicated by the shipping calculator, are calculated by the shipping company and are based on the amount of time it will take from the point at which the parcel is ready and picked up from our store. Shipping calculator times do not take into consideration our processing times. Most orders are usually processed and shipped within 1-2 business days (we do not work on weekends) but we do ask that you allow us 5-10 business days for processing, plus shipping time, in the event that we become unexpectedly busy.
4. RUSH ORDERS: If you are in a rush PLEASE be sure to send us a note in the notes field below the shopping cart, or follow up the order with an email or phone call to ensure that it is on our radar.
5. Note that Canada Post Small Packet US Air does not include tracking.
6. SIGNATURE OPTIONS ARE UNAVAILABLE DURING THE COVID CRISIS.
7. Canpar does not deliver to apartments: If your order is going to an apartment complex, the Canpar driver will NOT leave your package in the lobby. If you have a concierge that can accept and sign for parcel deliveries, you must specify this on the shipping label note field. An attempt to delivery will be made and a note may be placed on your lobby door, but there are no guarantees since the lobby is a public area.
8. Canpar Smartspot: If you live in an apartment or are otherwise unavailable to sign for a Canpar delivery, you can opt have it shipped to a Canpar Smart Spot and pick up your package at your own convenience. Visit http://www.canpar.com/en/ship/faq_smartspots.jsp for more details.
9. JUST $5 TO SHIP LETTERMAIL PARCELS ANYWHERE IN CANADA!
You'll know if your item qualifies if the $5 shipping option shows up when you get to the shipping selections.
NOTE: the lettermail option does not include tracking or insurance, which means we are not responsible for the cost of your item if it goes missing in the mail.
With Turtle Lodge Trading Post's brand new and exclusive "$5 to anywhere in Canada" lettermail/small packet shipping, you now have the option of sending small items without the added expense of tracking or insurance.
Our new $5 shipping option only works for certain items that fit within Canada Post's parameters for oversized lettermail. Items that do not exceed a combined weight of 500g and combined dimensions of 38 x 27 x 2 cm (15 x 10.5 x 3/4") are eligible for this no-track, non-insured service.
Items currently included in this service include greeting cards, DVD's (up to 2 at a time), some books, cloth and leather pouches, leather medicine bag kits, Sweetgrass stubbies & Pipelighters, cloth masks, journals, colouring books, notebooks, ribbons, and magnets.
You'll have to play around with the quantities and combinations but we're sure you'll be pleased to see how much you can add. The main key is to not to exceed 2 cm in thickness.
11. INTERNATIONAL SHIPMENTS:
Turtle Lodge Trading Post Inc. is not responsible for any customs and duties on exports from our store in Canada to your location. Research your country's policies on tariffs before placing your order.
Please note that international orders shipped using the “International Parcel Service” option can take 6 weeks or more and will not have tracking available unless you specifically request it.
12. RESTOCKING/RESHIPPING ADMIN FEE
If you choose to return all or part of an order because of an error or change of choice made on your part, there will be a $5 re-stocking & admin fee that will be deducted from your refund. If the return was our fault, this fee will be waived.